When using Z-Ray, characters using accents are not displayed correctly. When Z-Ray is disabled the characters display correctly.
Zend Server 7.0, using Z-Ray
Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, IBMi
This known issue has been fixed for future releases. To work around the issue in Zend Server 7.0, it is necessary to replace a specific library file and restart Zend Server. The relevant library file depends on the OS and PHP version in use.
- Linux / Mac OS X
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\ZendServer\lib\statistics\php-5.4.x\StatsExt.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\ZendServer\lib\statistics\php-5.5.x\StatsExt.dll
To fix the issue, use the following steps.
- Download the appropriate library from the download section below.
- Backup the original file by moving it out of the directory. Changing the filename in the current directory may result in library loading conflicts.
- Extract the downloaded file and place it in the directory.
- Restart Zend Server and the web server (apache, nginx, IIS).
- Retest the page that was not working.
The behavior can be reproduced with the following PHP code. The expected result is "hËllô". Before the fix, the result will appear as "hï¿½llï¿½".
<?php header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1'); print "h"; print chr(203); print "ll"; print chr(244); ?>