[ Zend Studio 7.x ]
[ All operating systems ]
The WYSIWYG Editor was part of Zend Studio for Eclipse 6. However, it was removed from Zend Studio 7. This article explains how to install a basic WYSIWYG Editor plug-in for Zend Studio 7 (and up) - WST Web Page Editor.
- In Zend Studio go to Help | Install New Software. This will open the Install dialog.
- In the Work with drop-down paste the corresponding URL:
- Zend Studio 7.x - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo
- Zend Studio 8.x - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios
- Zend Studio 9.x - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo
- Zend Studio 10.x, 11.x - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
This will load the list of available plug-ins in the middle part of the dialog (loading the list may take some time, especially for older versions of Zend Studio).
- To narrow down the available options, type "editor" in the filter field.
- Under the Web, XML, and Java EE Development category select the Web Page Editor plug-in and click Next.
- The installation mechanism will verify the availability and compatibility of the plug-in and display the result on the Install Details page of the Install dialog. Click Next.
- On the Review Licenses page you need to agree to all licenses to continue the installation. If you agree to the licenses, select I accept the terms of the license agreements and click Finish.
- The installation progress dialog will appear. Upon the completion of the installation you will be prompted to restart Zend Studio. Click Yes (this will trigger restart).
After the restart of Zend Studio the Web Page Editor will be installed and added to the list of available editors for the HTML files. You can invoke the new editor by right-clicking on an HTML file and choosing Open With | Web Page Editor.
Original Post Date: 2009-09-01 22:24:16
The WYSIWYG Editor was part of Zend Studio for Eclipse 6. However, it was removed from Zend Studio 7. This article explains how to install a basic WYSIWYG Editor plug-in for Zend Studio 7 - WST Web Page Editor.
This fails and will not be installed :(