When trying to launch Zend Guard 6 on Apple OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), the following error message is displayed:
Download and apply a patch to Zend Guard that solves this issue.
- Download Patch_Zend_Guard_for_Mavericks.zip.
- Extract the patch application from the downloaded archive (if you are using Safari, the extracted application is located in the Downloads directory).
- Launch the patch application.
You will be prompted to select the location of the Zend Guard application.
If a warning that Java 6 is not installed on your system is displayed, download and install Apple's Java 6 package (the download page will be opened automatically in your browser).
- Select the Zend Guard application from the list, or by using the Browse button in the dialog (the most likely location is /Applications/Zend Guard 6.app).
- If the patch was applied correctly, a confirmation dialog is displayed.
This video shows the patching process:
After the patch is applied, you will be able to start Zend Guard correctly with unimpaired functionality.
Excerpt: When trying to start Zend Guard 6 on Apple OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) the "JVM terminated" error message is displayed instead of the program launch.
Original Post Date: 2013-11-08 13:46:28